Saturday, October 11, 2008

FOCCUS: 'Those sneaky test creators'

1|

"In all truthfulness, it wasn't that bad. I think my favorite question on the whole FOCCUS Inventory was the last one in the Cohabitating Couples section. It said, basically, 'You know the church disapproves that you’re living together, right?' Bwahahahaha."

In the Life of Martha blogger reports on her experiences with the 180+ questions in the FOCCUS marital readiness inventory.

Martha sets the scene:

We went to the couple's house ... It’s a nice place and they have a cute, friendly black lab named Maggie. We had the small talk for a while, getting to know each other. Then they pulled out the test. (Dah, dah, DUM!!!)

She continues:

Some of the questions were kind of funny ('I think I’ll be uncomfortable being nude in front of my future spouse' – whoops, too late for that! ... but there were some questions I had problems with. Mostly the religion ones. There were others that I wasn’t quite sure how to answer given that my only options were approve, disapprove, or uncertain. Sometimes I wanted to add comments in the margins ... But I think it will be a good experience overall.

But ya gotta watch out ...

These test creators sure were trying to trick you though. Double negatives, a sneaky 'un' which changed the whole question. 'I am uncertain that I don’t not want to marry this person'. Uhm, what? Hopefully they didn’t catch me on any of the questions where I meant yes but filled in the disapprove circle.

You can read the full post here.

No comments: